We wanted to let you know that at this time, the Fort Collins Healing Warriors Program clinic will remain open at this time to continue care for you during these stressful times.
If you feel it is best for you to self-quarantine, please do so as your first concern should be for your own welfare and that of your family members. We will change your appointment to another day, no issue whatsoever.
With all the developments around the COVID-19 virus, we wanted to followup with everyone to provide information on what we are doing during this time:
- We continue our standard of following Universal Precautions. We use hospital-grade disinfectants to wipe all surfaces down in the morning before we open, at lunch time and at mid-afternoon. We also have wipes available for you in the waiting area for your comfort. We change linens and disinfect surfaces between clients in our treatment rooms. We wash hands and use hand sanitizer. We are also extending times between appointments to allow for deeper cleaning in between clients.
- Upon your arrival at our office, we will invite you to wash your hands at our hand sink and/or use hand sanitizer. We have been doing this for a couple of weeks now and everyone has been very appreciative.
- We believe that extending the time between appointments will ensure that the reception room will have sufficient social distancing, however, we have expanded our clinic reception area to accommodate more room between clients. Additionally, we have a seating area at our outside balcony which you are welcomed to use.
- Although we wipe all surfaces in the waiting room several times a day, we will also have wipes available in the reception area for your use and comfort.
- Bathroom surfaces are also being cleaned twice a day, and we will have spray disinfectant available as well for your use.
- Tissues are available throughout our office for your use.
- Hydration is very important. Upon your arrival at the clinic, we will offer you water, tea, or juice.
- Our monthly walk-in Pop Up clinics in Denver, Longmont and Colorado Springs on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Saturdays respectively, will be closed until March 31st.
Additional Support We Are Providing for Our Clients
- Anxiety and Stress Support
We have stress relief tools and resources for you including guided imagery meditation, Epsom salt soaks, and finger clackers.Many research studies support the fact that walking outdoors, planting and working with the soil, are restorative to physical and mental wellbeing and alleviate anxiety. Since this is a perfect time to start seedlings, we are providing clients with their choice of a seed packet to plant. Not only will you benefit from working with the soil, but you may also have a batch of tomatoes or green beans or another wonderful bounty to harvest for your efforts!
- Caring for our Elderly
Our team has assembled comfort care packages for our elderly clients which are available at our Fort Collins office. These vary in content but in general will include protein snack item, tea, electrolytes, Epsom salts, hand soap.
Lastly, what we need from you …
- …if you are experiencing a fever, coughing, or other related symptoms, or are currently without symptoms but are in a 14-day quarantine period…
- …if you have recently traveled outside of the United States, especially Europe
- …if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for, or exhibits symptoms of, the Coronavirus
…..please contact your primary care physician to assess testing and quarantine, and reschedule your time with us until after the quarantine period.
Since this is an evolving situation, we continue to stay apprised of latest updates and recommendations from the CDC and from the Colorado Department of Public Health. Please know that we are here to support you. Please don’t hesitate to call our clinic if you have any questions or concerns.
All our best,
The Healing Warriors Program team
Clinic Phone: 970-776-VETS (8387)
About Healing Warriors Program
Healing Warriors Program opened July 2013 and is a 501(c)3 organization serving the veteran community and their families by providing care therapies that integrate with a service member’s standard medical care in order to achieve the individual’s wellness goals and restore quality of life.
They are the recipient of numerous awards and grants for innovative programs created to improve military quality of life, including the prestigious The Newman’s Own® Award which was presented to the Healing Warriors Program in October of 2018.
If you would like more information about Healing Warriors Program, please call 970-776- VETS (8387).